Summer Sun Safety
Summer is fast approaching and many of us are excited to enjoy the outdoors and sun. I for one love to go to the beach and place my feet in warm sand. However, as much as we enjoy the outdoors, excessive sun exposure can cause damage to your skin, which include premature wrinkles and skin cancer.
Sun Safety Tips
Below are some of my favorite tips to safely enjoy the summer without potentially damaging my skin.
- Wear sunscreen often. Put it on at least 15 minutes before sun exposure and apply all year long. SPF 30 or higher is adequate.
- Reapply sunscreen every 80 minutes, or more often if you are exercising or in the water.
- Wear sun protective clothing such as sunglasses, wide brimmed hats, long sleeves, or pants.
- Avoid being in the sun from 10am to 2pm as the sun’s rays are strongest.
- Tanning beds may give your skin a bronzed look but avoid as these can lead to premature aging of skin and skin cancer.
Have a great and safe summer!