We have been doing the meditation and yoga stretches as time allows once a week, usually Friday’s. They are led by Terry McGarvey, NP, Head and Neck Surgery Department. It all started a few weeks after the COVID news broke and everyone was on edge with fear of the unknown, job and childcare situations, and worry about family near and far.Read more…
Posts by Ashley Rose:
Facility Walking Maps
Take advantage of facility walking maps and add steps to your work day. Each walking map has the route and gives you the distance to ensure you are staying on track. Look for a walking map at the entrance to each facility.
An app for meditation, mental resilience, and sleep
Ease into a healthy state of mind with help from one of the top apps for meditation and sleep. With Calm, you build resilience and mental fitness by trying guided meditations, self-care programs taught by world renowned experts, bedtime stories narrated by celebrity guests, mindful movement videos, and more. Kaiser Permanente members can access all the great features of Calm at no cost.
Steps to gain access to Calm Premium:
- Follow this link using Google Chrome: Register Here
- Log in (existing Calm users) or create a NEW account.
- Download app on your personal device.
- Log in for PREMIUM ACCESS!
Stories of How You Rise and Thrive
The Optical Department at Point West rose to the challenge to take care of themselves and to stay motivated during COVID 19! Read their story below:
.The Optical Department at Point West MOB is an amazing team; we are like a little family. We work together as an office to help patients with ordering new eyeglasses and contact lenses. We participate in daily group huddles and games during which we communicate our concerns and any suggestions we have to better serve our members.
Goodful’s Bounty Box is the safest and easiest way to buy local, stay healthy, and enjoy delicious meals. At the onset of Covid-19, we stopped our operations to protect our customers and staff, but we had to do something to help our incredible. local farms & small businesses stay afloat – and that’s how the Bounty Box was created.
The Bounty Box is a weekly grocery delivery that contains the ingredients for three meals, plus snacks. Packed full of organic produce, fresh baked goods, locally roasted coffee, pantry items, snacks & MORE! Today, Goodful supports over 25 local companies, donating half of their proceeds to non-profits, helping people through these challenging times. Order this week’s Bounty Box and receive 10% off PLUS a special gift just for Kaiser Permanente employees.
- 10% off any size Bounty Box and any special Bounty
- Offer valid July 27th – August 31st
- Kaiser Permanente employee coupon code- KAISER10
Super Special Package Offer:
- 15% off with a Bounty Box subscription
- Subscriptions include weekly Bounty specials (ex. couple pounds of apricots, or extra leafy greens, or an artisan food product)
- Can be delivered every 1,2,3 or 4 weeks
- Kaiser Permanente employee coupon code- KAISER15
To Order Visit:
*This offer is not combinable with any other promotions. Discount does not apply to tax or delivery.
We know many of you are on the front lines right now, trying to restore people to good health and curb this pandemic. So that your mental and physical wellness routines can remain uninterrupted, we have made all of our apps – Down Dog, Yoga for Beginners, HIIT, Barre, and 7 Minute Workout – completely free for you through January 1st.
- Tap or click https://www.downdogapp.com/healthcare and fill out the form to gain access.
- Download the mobile app “Down Dog” on your device.
- Create an account through the Down Dog app.
- Sign- in using your login information and all the subscription contents will be unlocked through July 1st!
Ten Percent Happier – Mindfulness App.
With all that is going on in the world, Ten Percent Happier is providing a 6-month complimentary subscription to support healthcare workers on their app. (over $50 in Savings!)
- Tap or click https://redeem.tenpercent.com/ to get to the redemption page on their website.
- Create an account and click Sign-Up
- Enter your Gift Code: HEALTHCARE (capital letters count)
- Download the mobile app “Ten Percent Happier” on your Apple or Android device.
- Sign-in (use the same login information as above) and all the subscription contents of the app will be unlocked for 6 months for FREE.
Like what you see, here are more free resources click here: https://www.tenpercent.com/coronavirussanityguide
9Round’s mission statement is to “provide members with fun, trainer-guided, kickboxing-style workouts in a circuit format. That means our workouts begin whenever you show up. Because it’s all about YOU. Getting stronger. On YOUR time.”
Exclusively for Kaiser employees and their families, they will receive Unlimited workouts with a trainer, FREE gloves and wraps for $89 a month (Normally $134), and $25 enrollment fee (Normally $199). (entire month of March) Please show your Kaiser Permanente badge for proof of employment at time of sign up.
***This is a Month to Month offer***
To register for your first free class, and a list of participating locations please see below:
- 9Round Citrus Heights– 7845 Greenback Ln., Citrus Heights, CA 95610
- 9Round Roseville– 4021 Woodcreek Oaks Blvd. Suite 180, Roseville, CA 95747
- 9Round East Sacramento– 5650 Folsom Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95819
- 9Round Sacramento– 1028 Florin Rd., Sacramento, CA 95831
Here’s what you can expect:
- Show up at your convenience; there are no class times
- You’re welcomed by a friendly, qualified trainer
- Trainer teaches you how to wrap your hands for support when punching
- Use heart rate training to stay in your target fat burning zone
- Trainer shows you how to do each exercise based on your fitness level
- Every three minutes, you move to the next exercise station
- After station nine, your 30-minute full-body workout is over
- Access to 9Round Nutritional Guidance
- Enjoy a new workout every day (workouts change daily)
What you’ll accomplish in 30 Minutes:
- Burn massive amounts of calories during your workout
- Burn calories for hours after your workout is complete
- Release toxins as you sweat
- Strengthen and tighten every muscle
- Boost your stamina and endurance
- Relieve stress
- Strengthen your heart
- Release feel-good endorphins
- Increase energy, improve sleep, and much more