Posts by Susan Countryman:
Go KP Summer Games
The four-week Go KP Summer Games Team Challenge (running from June 1 to June 30) is designed to keep you moving – both for a healthier you and some friendly competition. Beginning May 7, you can sign up at Go KP to join the Challenge and start forming your team of four or more.
Change Your Life
The S.M.A.R.T way
Check out the Kaiser Permanente Health Coach Web site – a Web site to guide you to better health using personalized video coaching that comes to your computer.
You can choose to subscribe to the following modules:
- Health Coach – Let‛s Get Physical
- Health Coach – S.M.A.R.T. Eating
- Health Coach – Stress Less
Personalized video coaching offers:
- Video coaching sessions and downloadable materials that are sent to you by E-mail.
- Brief coaching sessions that take about 8 minutes and can be reviewed any time.
- Essential skills to change behavior and help you stay on track.
Get Started – Click here to watch the video orientation.
Subscribe Now – Register to receive video coaching sessions. Get motivated! Be successful!
Goal Setting to Jump Starting 2017
What are the things you are most proud of accomplishing in 2016? What are the things you want to accomplish in 2017? Make a list of goals you want to accomplish for this year and get started on the right foot and off to a great start! Follow the SMART Goals to ensure your goals are achievable.
- Set a Behavior Goal – What behavior will I choose? How often? (example: Walk 3 days per week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at lunchtime)
- Monitor – How will I monitor my behavior gaol? (example: Make a mark on a wall calendar for each day I keep track)
- Arrange My World – How will I change my surroundings to reach my behavior goal? (example: Keep walking shoes at work)
- Recruit Support – Who will I ask to support me in reaching my behavior goal? (example: Have a conversation with support person on how I want to receive support)
- Treat Myself – How will I reward myself every time I do my behavior? (example: Tell myself I did a great job every time I walk as planned; place gold star on calendar when I return from walk)
Finding time to exercise in the workplace is difficult. That’s where Kevin’s Picks comes into play. Every month Kevin Pham, live well be well Personal Trainer, gives tips and exercise suggestion that you can perform at work or home. Check back monthly to see what is new.
Healthy Work Environment
Kaiser Permanente is committed to creating a culture of wellness at work because when we thrive, so do our patients and customers.
Prediabetes and High Blood Pressure Prevention
Take control of your health by finding out about prediabetes prevention and how to control your high blood pressure.
GO KP Pound For Pound Challenge
Healthy Eating Podcasts
Learn about healthy cooking, eating a good breakfast, avoiding junk food in favor of nutritious food, and how to lose weight successfully.